Format

The auctioneer will open bidding and set bid increments based on the estimated value of the domain. Increments may be reduced at auctioneers’ discretion as the high bid amount increases.

The reserve will remain as it is intended to be, a price point that must be met through bidding for a sale to be made.

Each bid will have to meet the required increment level specified for that particular name.

If there is a period where no one else is bidding, we will say the following:

Going once, going twice, (Some more commentary about name), last and final call, SOLD.

When we say SOLD, you can no longer place a bid on the respective name.

How to participate in an Auction:

If you would like to be a bidder, complete this form.

If you would like to be a seller, complete this form:

Post-sale and name transfers

After a name is sold, we will contact both buyers and sellers via email to complete the transaction.

These notices will also contain the details of the transactions which have taken place.

When should I expect to receive my funds?

You should expect to receive your funds within a maximum of 5 business days.

Rules

Reserve price

The reserve price is the minimum price a seller is willing to sell a name for. If bids do not reach the reserve price, the TLD owner is not obliged to sell.

Bids

Once you place a bid you are promising that you will purchase the TLD at that price, in the event that it is the highest bid. By completing this action, you are entering a legally binding contract and cannot rescind.

Bid increments

Bid increments will vary based on the Name. It will be specific bids per auction.

Not following through with the contract

If you do not transfer the required funds via escrow within 5 business days, you will be blacklisted from all future events.

You are expected to transfer funds within 1-2 business days. Reminder emails will be sent each day after this period, with a final reminder on the 4th day.

Fund contributions

Fund contributions are completely optional, however highly encouraged. We will promote and shoutout whoever contributes funds towards the Handshake ecosystem.

Commission

10% of all TLD sale revenue's will go towards the organisers for the event, leaving the sellers with 90% of all sale revenues.